There are some very good signs that the Woodbridge Township business and economic climate is improving. We’re looking forward to a number of new businesses and services coming on-line in the months ahead.
· Marriott Corp. announced a new Extended Stay America hotel will be constructed on Route 9 North in Woodbridge.
· The Woodbridge Center Mall announced that the long-awaited Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze restaurants are on target to open this fall.· Houlihans will open doors at the former Bennigans on Route 1.
· The long-abandoned Club Sleep building at Route 9 and Main Street will undergo renovations to house a specialized medical facility for kidney dialysis and related medical offices
· The empty Studio 9 building will reopen as a KIDZ Village.
· The Sterling Heights project - town houses and retail space in downtown Woodbridge across from the NJT train station - will begin construction as soon as weather permits.
· Senior housing will be constructed behind the Syms store on Route 9 and the closed auto dealership across the street will be developed into a retail center.
· New storefront businesses are slated to open in our downtown areas on Main Street, Oak Tree Road, Inman Avenue and New Brunswick Avenue.